Summary of Position
The Marketing Account Lead is a mid-level role that encompasses Strategy, Execution and Management. As a strategic marketing and client communication guru on the team, you will be entrenched in your clients’ businesses and their campaigns. You will lead your clients’ campaign strategy, develop relevant media/marketing plans, and drive campaign optimizations across multiple channels to meet goals and objectives.
What you will do
- Immerse yourself in your clients’ business and key objectives to inform their media and marketing strategy. Lead the mediate.ly campaign team in executing on that strategy to meet campaign goals.
- Work with Campaign Specialists on media plan development and tactical execution of media by channel. Serve as a resource for Specialists for advice and counsel.
- Work with Analytics and Traffic Ops to ensure proper campaign set up and tracking. Quality control is a must.
- Oversee flighting and budget management for your campaigns. Recommend changes as necessary to meet overall goals.
- Lead communication with your clients, ensuring white glove service with deep knowledge of their industry, business, and active campaigns. Lead weekly reporting call with client, highlighting key insights, recent optimizations, and recommended actions.
- Keep on top of industry news and develop POVs to communicate relevant updates to the team/clients.
- Grow assigned accounts through successful leadership and strategic recommendations.
- Anticipate and navigate around potential pitfalls and know when to escalate issues
What you need to have
- A minimum of 3-5 years of agency or equivalent experience and experience in marketing and/or media
- Focus on strategy to provide thought leadership on all managed accounts combined with the ability to jump into the native platforms and our data dashboard to monitor performance.
- 2 – 4 years of Paid Search/Social/Display campaign management (At least 1 channel, preferably multiple)
- 2 – 4 years of digital analytics / reporting experience (Google Analytics is a plus!)
- Ability to break down complex data sets and marketing ideas into information that is digestible and informative to an end client.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment – flexibility and adaptability are essential!
- Excitement, drive, and hunger to build relationships, solve problems, and exceed client expectations
- Passion for asking “why?” paired with natural curiosity and desire to learn
- Campaign Performance
- Client profitability
- Client retention
- Client feedback/satisfaction
- Internal feedback